I plead guilty to enjoying a cold beer or two, and I’ve watched with amazement as the decade-long bull market in the craft beer industry shows no signs of abating.
Based on observation and feedback from working with hundreds of executives and sales training participants within client organizations, Marketing Nous (marketingnous.com), an Australian-based sales training provider for technical and professional teams, identified five main causes of ineffective sales training:
1. Management is not committed to change
2. The training is not relevant for the team
3. The staff is not committed to improvement
4. There is no sales process or methodology
5. There are vague position descriptions for sales roles
Watch for more on why sales training is ineffective in the March/April cover feature of Sales & Marketing Management.